You’re finally graduating, which means it’s time to start planning your senior photo session. Choosing your hairstyle and a location for your shoot is one thing but there is a lot more that you can do to make sure your shoot is a success.
Here are some top tips that will ensure you end up with a set of photos you absolutely love.
– Have a discussion with your photographer. Your senior photos should bring out your personality, so the more you can discuss your likes, dislikes, and expectations with your photographer, the happier you will be with the end result. Most photographers send out a questionnaire to better understand their subjects before a senior shoot.
– Have fun with it. Yes, you want a few smiling shots but in order for your photos to bring out your personality, you need to have a little fun too. Don’t be afraid to be playful and if you want to have a laugh, consider bringing a friend along to your shoot.
– Incorporate the past, present, and future. To really make your senior shoot all your own, consider incorporating some of your heritage, passions, and future aspirations into the shoot. For example, you may want to capture a few photos in traditional attire, bring in a musical instrument that you love to play or add in a few things that speak to the next leg of your journey.
– Bring along more than one outfit. Don’t spend all your time deciding on one outfit. Rather pick out several so that you have choices on the day of your shoot. You never know what direction things might go in, so make sure that you have a few different outfits and styles to choose from – just make sure that every outfit perfectly matches your personality. This is not the time to try something new – you want to feel comfortable.
– Blast your favorite tunes. If you want to feel even more relaxed on the day of your senior photo session, ask your photographer whether you can bring some of your favorite music along. This will also give your photographer further insights into your personality and inspire them during your shoot.
Following these simple tips can really turn your senior photo session into something spectacular. Remember, your photographer is there to answer your questions, so don’t be afraid to ask.