There is so much to look forward to when you’re expecting and oh so many photos to capture of your beautiful little bundle.
By scheduling a newborn photoshoot, you can relive the precious moments that you experience at the very beginning of baby’s life. Plus, you’ll get to share them with everyone else too, which is why it’s so important to plan how you’re going to print and display your memories.
Before your brain is filled with all things baby, take a day to look around and measure your home, so that you know exactly where you want to display your photos and how much space you have to work with.
Here are a few ideas on how you can beautifully showcase your newborn baby photos.
1. Build a collage. When you have hundreds of photos to choose from, it becomes really difficult to just pick a handful, so why not create a collage or two instead? Collages come in all different shapes and sizes, so you can create something that works perfectly in your home.
2. Create a feature shelf. If you don’t want to go the traditional route and hang your photos, put up a shelf in a prominent place in your home and add a selection of frames to it.
3. Get creative with your coat hook. Another really creative idea is to add photo frames to your coat hook. This way, you get to see your baby’s sweet face every time you grab your keys and coat. You can either buy these ready-made or create one yourself by adding framed prints along the top of the hook.
4. Pin your photos on a corkboard. If you’re good with arts and crafts or have a friend who is, spend time creating a corkboard that you can use to pin cute Polaroid pictures.
5. Create a staircase display. There’s something about creating a photo display along the staircase that really makes a house feel like a home. Tell a story or build eye-catching clusters using an assortment of frames.
6. Don’t forget about the kitchen. We spend so much time making meals and memories in the kitchen but we often forget we can add photos there too. Whether you buy some photo frames for your fridge or create one or two custom magnets, the kitchen is another area that you can use to display your newborn’s photos.
7. When old meets new. Instead of using modern frames for your baby photos, why not try something a little more classic by buying a few vintage photo frames that you can place around the house or next to your bed.
To ensure that your photos look great in your home, ask a professional photographer or printer for advice on the materials to use for your prints based on how you will be using them.