When you’re expecting a baby, you spend so much time and energy planning for the new arrival that the thought of a maternity shoot often seems unappealing for some. Some women simply feel too self-conscious and would prefer to not stand in front of a camera.
Even though you will be feeling a range of different emotions, it’s still important to remember that you are bringing a life into the world and you deserve to capture this moment in time. Still not convinced? Here are nine good reasons why you should schedule a maternity shoot.
1. It’s a celebration. Choosing the right photographer for the job will ensure that your photoshoot is turned into a celebration and an hour or two of fun and excitement.
2. Add them to a baby book. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to show your child every step of their journey into the world? Maternity photos will allow you to capture a time before they took their first breathe.
3. You are glowing. It may not always feel like it but pregnant women do glow. Once you see how this comes across in photos, you won’t be sorry that you scheduled a shoot.
4. Get creative. If you have always wanted an excuse to take some creative family photos, this is the ideal opportunity. If you’re expecting, there’s a good chance you already have a Pinterest board somewhere so why not use this as a chance to bring some of your photo ideas to life.
5. Capture your legacy. A maternity shoot honors your family by giving you something to leave for future generations. Freeze this moment in time so that future generations can treasure it later.
6. It’s a bonding experience. Scheduling a shoot will give you the opportunity to bond with your partner and capture the love that you share for each other and your new little one. If you already have children, this is a great way to include them in this process.
7. It can be whatever you want it to be. If you are not a fan of traditional maternity photos, don’t let this stop you from scheduling your own – your shoot can be anything you want it to be. There is no formula!
8. It won’t take hours. Maternity shoots don’t take as long as you think they will, especially when you discuss what you’re looking for with your photographer beforehand.
9. You don’t want regrets. You may not feel like taking photos when you’re going through your final trimester but you also don’t want to look back and regret not taking an hour out of your day to capture this moment.
If you are still feeling nervous and reluctant, book a pre-shoot consultation with a professional photographer.